Tractel stretchfor shock-absorbing lanyards (two legs)
C526H/E4Regular price $250.00 Save Liquid error (product-template line 120): -Infinity%
A favourite of local event riggers & those in the film industry.
The Stretchfor shock-absorbing lanyard is composed of a specially woven core material, a structural tubular sheath webbing and an internal elastic retainer. The core material is constructed to stretch when dynamically loaded.
The tubular sheath acts as a protective cover with a 7,500 lbs. (33.3 kN) structural safety factor surrounding the core material. In addition to the primary function of deceleration the Stretchfor has an elastic retainer inside the tubular webbing designed to introduce stretch from 41⁄2 to 6 ft. (1.3 to 1.8 m) providing mobility to the worker, without the clutter of a longer length lanyard.
This function also acts as an indicator to the user that they are nearing the full extension of the lanyard, eliminating that sudden surprise commonly experienced with tear webbing counter parts. Each arm of the Stretchfor lanyard possesses fall indicator tabs below the attachment hook that indicates that the lanyard has extended and must not be reused. The purpose of the shock absorber is to lower the impact force experienced in a fall by dissipating the kinetic energy and controlling deceleration.
The shock-absorbing device is made of a specially woven webbing that lengthens through tearing on its weave and stitching. This action limits the impact force to less than 900 lbs. (4 kN) for the E4 model and to less than 1,350 lbs. (6 kN) for the E6 model. The dual leg model allows the worker to remain safely connected at all time (100% tie-off) while climbing or on the move.
- Reduces tripping hazards
- Fall indicator
- Stretchable design
- Designed for a 6 ft (1.8 m) maximum free fall
- C526H/E4 : 4 1⁄2 to 6 ft. (1.4 to 1.8 m), two arms with a 2 1⁄4 in. (57 mm) self-locking snap hook on each arm
- C526H/E6: 4 1⁄2 to 6 ft. (1.4 to 1.8 m), two arms with a 21⁄4 in. (57 mm) self-locking snap hook on each arm
- C526H/RE6: 6 ft (1.4 to 1.8m) stretchfor shock absorbing lanyard with rescue rings (two legs)
- C526H/RE4: 6 ft (1.4 to 1.8m) stretchfor shock absorbing lanyard with rescue rings (two legs)
- Steel erection
- CSA Z259.11-05 (2010) class E4 or class
When choosing an anchorage point, take into consideration the deceleration distance. The shock absorber can elongate up to:
• E4 models: 42 in. (1.1 m) as it extends during activation.