When you're heading out on a Search and Rescue mission, being well-prepared is crucial, especially as colder weather approaches. At Coast Ropes, we're your go-to for SAR gear and know-how. With our team's 25+ years of experience helping SAR pros, we've got you covered. Whether you're rescuing in the mountains, searching in the wilderness, or handling other SAR tasks, our selection of trusted gear ensures your safety and success.
- Compact, durable, waterproof headlamp
- 350 lumens for powerful illumination
- Crucial for visibility and safety in low-light SAR operations
A reliable headlamp is crucial for maintaining visibility and safety during SAR operations in low light or dark conditions.
- Ideal for cold weather, maintains focus
- Versatile for various outdoor activities
- Essential for preventing hypothermia during extended missions
Keeping warm is essential for maintaining focus and preventing hypothermia during prolonged cold-weather missions.
- Designed for shock and hypothermia treatment
- Warms to 100°F/37.8°C in 10 mins, stays warm for 6 hours
- Lightweight, comfortable lifesaver in cold-weather operations
Hypothermia treatment is vital during cold-weather operations, making this quick-heating blanket a lifesaver.
- Versatile traction for snow and ice
- 14 stainless steel spikes for strength
- Ensures stability on winter SAR missions
Reliable traction on snow and ice is critical for navigating treacherous terrain during winter SAR missions.
- Essential tools for self-rescue on ice
- 10 cm plastic handles, 2.5 cm picks
- 1.6 m reflective cord for visibility
Ice awls are essential tools for self-rescue and aiding others when dealing with icy conditions.
- Activates automatically in water
- High visibility, 60 flashes per minute
- Crucial safety beacon on trails and in water
A personal locator light is indispensable for safety in cold water and low-visibility environments.
- Heavy-duty, expandable dry bag
- Adjustable backpack harness
- Protects gear in cold, wet conditions
A dry bag keeps gear dry and protected in cold, wet conditions.
- Provides warmth and comfort in cold, windy conditions
- Ideal for working in cold waters
- Additional comfort in chilly environments
Additional warmth and comfort provided by a helmet liner are needed when working in cold and windy environments.
- Made for icy conditions
- 40-gram Thinsulate® and a fixed fleece lining
- Waterproof BD.dry™
A cold weather glove that doesn't sacrifice your ability to work with rope. Hasta la vista cold hands.
- Trusted choice for rescue pros
- Freeze-proof 3-chamber design
- Audible up to a mile away
In cold weather SAR missions, where sound carries effectively through crisp air, this whistle is invaluable for signaling rescuers.
These items, carefully selected for their effectiveness and reliability, will help ensure the safety and success of SAR teams in cold-weather environments. Stay safe!